TOURISM DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT
Are you passionate about tourism in its various aspects, whether in your relationship with operators and tour guides, or with the end customer? Are you always aware of what is happening in the national and international market? Do you love working in a team and establishing partnerships? Are you dynamic, curious and strategic thinking? Then this vacancy is for you!
Livraria Lello is the most iconic Portuguese bookshop and one of the most iconic in the world. Open since January 13, 1906, on Rua das Carmelitas, in Porto, the history of Livraria Lello is above all one of boldness. In recent years, with the arrival of the Pedro Pinto family, Livraria Lello has lived a second life. Firstly, with the launch of the innovative book discount voucher, which revolutionized the business and made it possible to invest in the recovery of the building, in the launch of a collection of literary classics and in a dynamic and free cultural programme. We grew in book sales and the number of visitors, and we also grew in national and international media exposure and in partnerships with major global brands. We are not an ordinary bookstore. In addition to purchasing, finance and store management departments, we have a marketing and communication department and even a creative director. We place the Book at the center of all our action, but perpetuating an attitude of absolute boldness, we start from it for a much broader intervention, in the entire cultural area. In 2019, we acquired a Theatre, Sá da Bandeira and, in the building adjacent to the Livraria, a new cultural space will be born in the coming years, designed by the architect Álvaro Siza Vieira. We never stop dreaming and aiming for more. We are bold and work in equal measure. We are proud of what we do and, like Pessoa, we are concerned about charting new paths. Aware of what we are, our DNA, and what we dream of being, we establish commitments with our Community and with the World.
It is for this dreamy, restless and dynamic team that we are looking for one more element, a specialist in tourism, who will contribute to our main missions: to get the whole world to read and value the book as an object of art, culture and investment.
The employee to be hired for the Tourism Development and Management vacancy will be responsible for:
- Elaborate and implement the strategic action plan for Livraria Lello's tourism in its various aspects, whether in B2B or B2C, or even developing partnerships framed in the global tourism strategy of the organization, and always connecting to the global strategy of the company;
- Consolidate the Livraria Lello brand as one of the main players in tourism in Porto, both nationally and internationally;
- Keep all information related to tourist flows up to date, and make constant analyzes to adapt the defined strategy;
- Define and operationalize all types of visits to Livraria Lello for professionals;
- Establish a close relationship with tourism professionals who are relevant to the defined strategy;
- Be aware of all national and international trends in terms of tourism;
Who are we looking for?
- Experience in the field of tourism (preferred)
- Restless and curious spirits;
- Dynamic, resilient and able to work under pressure;
- Result oriented;
- With a great sense of responsibility;
- Domain of spoken and written English language (mandatory factor);
- Domain of Microsoft Office tools, with main focus on statistical analysis;
- Knowledge of online management tools.
What do we have for you?
- An evolutionary salary policy;
- Health insurance, with the extension of the same conditions to your family nucleus;
- Initial and continuous training;
- A speakeasy where you can socialize and enjoy drinks and snacks;
- Integration in environmental and social sustainable development actions;
- Privileged access to our cultural program;
- Other benefits in force in the company.
How to apply: Send your CV to the email email@example.com, mentioning the reference TD-082023 in the subject of the email.