TOURISM DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGMENT
Are you passionate about tourism in its various aspects, whether in the relationship with tour operators and guides, or with the end customer? Are you always aware of what is happening in the national and international market? Do you love working as a team and establishing partnerships? Are you dynamic, curious and strategically minded? Then this vacancy is for you!
Livraria Lello is the most iconic Portuguese bookstore and one of the most iconic in the world. Open since January 13, 1906, on Rua das Carmelitas, in Porto, the history of Livraria Lello is above all a story of boldness. In recent years, with the arrival of the Pedro Pinto family, Livraria Lello has been living a second life. From the outset, with the launch of the innovative discount voucher for books, which revolutionized the business and made it possible to invest in the restoration of the building, in the launch of a collection of literary classics and in a dynamic and free cultural program. We grew in book sales and in the number of visitors, and we also grew in national and international media exposure and in partnerships with major global brands. We are not an ordinary bookstore. In addition to purchasing, finance and store management departments, we have a marketing and communication department and even a creative director. We place the Book at the center of all our activities, but perpetuating an attitude of absolute boldness, we start from it for a much wider intervention, in the entire cultural area. In 2019, we acquired a Theater, Sá da Bandeira and, in the building adjacent to the Livraria, a new cultural space will be born in the coming years, signed by the architect Álvaro Siza Vieira. We don't stop dreaming and wanting more. We are bold and we work in the same measure. We are proud of what we do and, as a Person, we were restless, for charting new paths. Aware of who we are, of our DNA, and of what we dream of being, we establish commitments with our Community and with the World.
It is for this dreamy, restless and dynamic team that we are looking for another element, a specialist in tourism, who will contribute to our main missions: to get the whole world to read and value the book as an object of art, culture and investment.
The employee to be hired for the Tourism Development and Management position will be responsible for:
- Develop and operationalize Livraria Lello's strategic tourism plan in its various aspects, whether in B2B or B2C, or even developing partnerships within the organization's global tourism strategy, and always linking to the company's global strategy;
- Consolidate the Livraria Lello brand as one of the main tourism players in Porto, both nationally and internationally;
- Keep all information related to tourist flows up to date, and carry out constant analyzes for the adequacy of the defined strategy;
- Define and operationalize all types of visits to Livraria Lello for professionals;
- Establish a close relationship with tourism professionals who are relevant to the defined strategy;
- Be aware of all national and international trends in terms of tourism;
Who are we looking for?
- Restless and curious spirits;
- Dynamic, resilient and able to work under pressure;
- Result oriented;
- With a great sense of responsibility;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English (mandatory factor);
- Mastery of Microsoft Office tools, with main focus on statistical analysis;
- Knowledge of online management tools.
What do we have for you?
- An evolving salary policy;
- Health insurance, with the same conditions being extended to your family unit;
- Initial and continuous training;
- A speakeasy where you can socialize and grab drinks and snacks;
- Integration in sustainable environmental and social development actions;
- Privileged access to our cultural program;
- Other benefits in force in the company.
How you can apply: Send your CV to the email email@example.com, putting the reference TD-122022 in the email subject until 30/12/2022.