Junior book seller (M/F)
We are not an ordinary bookstore. In addition to the purchasing, finance and store management departments, we have a marketing and communication department and even a creative director. The Book is at the center of all our work, but we perpetuate an attitude of absolute daring, starting from it for a much broader intervention in the entire cultural area. In 2019, we acquired the oldest Theater in town, the Sá da Bandeira, and, in the building adjacent to the Bookstore, a new cultural space will be born in the coming years, signed by the architect Álvaro Siza Vieira.
We don't stop dreaming and we’re constantly striving for more. We are bold and work to the same extent. We are proud of what we do and, as a Pessoa, we are restless, always charting new paths. Aware of who we are, our DNA, and what we dream of being, we establish commitments with our Community and with the World.
It is for this dreamy, restless and dynamic team that we are looking for a junior bookseller, to help us achieve our main mission: getting the whole world to read.
How will your day-to-day be and what will be your responsibilities:
- Excellent service to readers/visitors;
- Book counseling, providing a differentiating experience;
- Provision of information/storytelling about Livraria Lello;
- Organization and exhibition of books;
- Monitoring the evolution of the book market, keeping up-to-date knowledge about books in his areas of responsibility;
- Participation in inventories, order management and product verification and labeling, among others;
- Participation in the dissemination of campaigns developed by the company.
Who we would like to be contacted by:
- Book lovers;
- Great storytellers;
- Restless and curious spirits;
- With excellent communication skills;
- Graduates in Literature, Arts, Languages or any other area relevant to the functions to be performed;
- With previous experience in sales – preferably retail;
- With a solid knowledge of two foreign languages (mandatory).
What we have for you:
- An evolving wage policy
- Health insurance, extending the same conditions to your family nucleus
- Initial and continuing training
- A speakeasy where you can socialize with your colleagues, and have some snacks and drinks
- Participation in environmental and social sustainable development actions
- Privileged access to our cultural program
- Other benefits
How can you apply:
Sending a CV with a photo to the email firstname.lastname@example.org, putting the reference AprendizLivreiro_01_042022. in the subject line of the email.