- Livraria Lello returns to read and be read
- Children's version of The Wizard of Oz receives an international illustration award
- Siza Vieira accepts to create a project for a new cultural space at Livraria Lello
- Partnership with PANTONE® turns the iconic staircase of Livraria Lello yellow and gray
- Livraria Lello temporarily closed to prepare 115th anniversary
Young Gabriela de Sousa presents her new book in Livraria Lello
Friday, September 21, 2018
There is a new book presentation at Livraria Lello. On September 28, at 18:00, Nassalete Miranda opens the session of "Flor de Sal" by young writer Gabriela de Sousa.
"Flor de Sal" is the 26-year-old's most recent work, published by Singular Plural. A book of poetry that presents itself almost as a novel in the form of verse. "Flor de Sal" also has the preface of Professor António Joaquim Oliveira and illustrations by Luísa Prior.
The young writer Gabriela de Sousa was born in Porto in 1992 and already has publications such as "“O Boneco de Papel e Outros Textos” (2007), “Balcânica” (2010), e “Poemas fora da Sombra” (2014). She holds a Masters Degree in Music Teaching at the Universidade de Évora and is currently a piano teacher at the Regional Conservatory of Vila Real de Santo António, Algarve. Nassalete Miranda, director of the Cultural Journal "As Artes entre as Letras", appears here as a publisher (Singular Plural) attesting the recognition of the young great writer, despite her young age.
Once again, Livraria Lello open doors to young national writers who wish to show their talent in literary world and, perhaps, to be one of the great Portuguese authors in the future.