- Siza Vieira accepts to create a project for a new cultural space at Livraria Lello
- Partnership with PANTONE® turns the iconic staircase of Livraria Lello yellow and gray
- Livraria Lello temporarily closed to prepare 115th anniversary
- Livraria Lello opens a new window to the World through online sale
- Ana Gomes, a vida e o mundo: book release at Livraria Lello
The Little Prince and Doomed Love highlighted in Livraria Lello
Thursday, October 4, 2018
Two different authors have reached the real-imaginary of Livraria Lello. Saint-Exupéry and Camilo Castelo Branco are the highlited authors with to exhibitions inside of the most beautiful bookshop in the world with their most famous works: The Little Prince and Doomed Love. This two exhibitions are inside of Livraria Lello till November 15.
In the iconic facade of Livraria Lello there are two shop windows with references to Doomed Love by Camilo Castelo Branco. In one of them the visitors can see a big neon with the names of the two main characters - Simão and Teresa - supported by a jail grid, similar with prison cell where the author was imprisoned.
In the first floor, where were the wonderful work with illustrated books by Joan Miró, you can found a big desert of words, draws, rare books and a plain. The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, has now main place between the Livraria Lello's thousand books.
Both exhibitions started in October 3rd, replacing "Illustrated Books by Joan Miró" and "Wrapping Sking" (in shop windows) by the local artist Rute Rosas. During their stay, these two exhibitions were seen by more than half a million people.