- Livraria Lello returns to read and be read
- Children's version of The Wizard of Oz receives an international illustration award
- Siza Vieira accepts to create a project for a new cultural space at Livraria Lello
- Partnership with PANTONE® turns the iconic staircase of Livraria Lello yellow and gray
- Livraria Lello temporarily closed to prepare 115th anniversary
See you Soon Stan Lee
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
The world lost the genius Stan Lee, the real-life super-hero that inspired and will continue to inspire us with his fantasy universe.
Stan Lee, the legendary writer and editor of Marvel Comics died early Monday, on November 12th, at the age of 95.
The Marvel writer passed away at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, in Los Angeles, where he was taken after an ambulance was called to his house in Hollywood Hills.
Stanley Martin Lieber, whose alias had become Stan Lee in his early career, created and co-created Spider-Man, the Incredible Hulk, the X-Men, Thor, Iron Man, the Fantastic Four, among countless other remarkable characters.
His passion for literature led to his desire of becoming a writer with the power of making a difference in the world. Stan Lee revolutionized the comic books industry by creating super-heroes with human lives, with dating problems, embarrassing situations and insecurities with which people related to.
The real-life super-hero, Stan Lee, whose power was to inspire and entertain the world, left behind a huge legacy of stories and characters. This legacy of the Marvel genius will live on through countless generations, continuing to inspire us and making the world a better place.