- Livraria Lello returns to read and be read
- Children's version of The Wizard of Oz receives an international illustration award
- Siza Vieira accepts to create a project for a new cultural space at Livraria Lello
- Partnership with PANTONE® turns the iconic staircase of Livraria Lello yellow and gray
- Livraria Lello temporarily closed to prepare 115th anniversary
Spanish culture in Livraria Lello's special day
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
The Spanish community celebrates their Fieas Nacional de España next October 12th. Livraria Lello's doors will open for one more moment with highlighted books with presence of Aleix Garau Montané, from General Consul of Spain, at 9:30 am.
With highlighted authors from 23 Hispanic countries, Livraria Lello will present books of Pablo Neruda, Miguel de Cervantes, Gabriel Garcia Márquez, Mario Vargas Lhosa or Isabel Allende.
The opening will be solemnized by Aleix Garau Montané, Consul General of Spain in Portugal, who will do the honors and open doors for a very special day in the temple of books and artists. Among more than 100,000 books, the visit will be the starting point for the discovery of a culture of enormous historical and generational wealth.