- Livraria Lello returns to read and be read
- Children's version of The Wizard of Oz receives an international illustration award
- Siza Vieira accepts to create a project for a new cultural space at Livraria Lello
- Partnership with PANTONE® turns the iconic staircase of Livraria Lello yellow and gray
- Livraria Lello temporarily closed to prepare 115th anniversary
Rute Rosas shows "Wrapping Skin" in the shop windows of the Livraria Lello
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Rute Rosas is the artist invited by Livraria Lello to embrace a new season of its shop windows. "Pele de Embrulho" is an installation that will be evident in this historic space until June 30, 2018.
The concept of this installation focuses on affectivity as an artistic process divided by two dimensions: the sentimental (with the embrace) and the functional (with the wrapping paper). Rute Rosas, a plastic artist from Porto and a teacher at the Faculty of Fine Arts of the University of Porto, reveals her skin through the public display in the shop windows of the Livraria Lello as the package that readers of this space can take their books to their homes .
Among the surprises prepared at the Livraria Lello, a moment stands out with the presence of the artist in the bookstore that will be held on May 27, 15:30 and 17:30, with informal moments of conversation and autographs in their sets of "Wrapping Skin".
The works of artist Rute Rosas can be found here: http://www.ruterosas.com/en/