- Livraria Lello returns to read and be read
- Children's version of The Wizard of Oz receives an international illustration award
- Siza Vieira accepts to create a project for a new cultural space at Livraria Lello
- Partnership with PANTONE® turns the iconic staircase of Livraria Lello yellow and gray
- Livraria Lello temporarily closed to prepare 115th anniversary
The new "Wrapping Skin" of Livraria Lello is autographed by Rute Rosas
Thursday, July 5, 2018
Rute Rosas is returning to Livraria Lello for another signing session on his "Wrapping Skin". The artist from Porto marks the meeting point with the historic bookshop on July 8, between 15:30 and 17:30.
The concept of this installation focuses on affectivity as an artistic process divided by two dimensions: the sentimental (with the embrace) and the functional (with the wrapping paper). Rute Rosas, a plastic artist and resident of Porto, reveals his "skin" either through the public display in the store windows of Livraria Lello or through the package that readers of this space can take with their books home.
Assistant Professor and doctorate in Art and Design at the Faculty of Fine Arts of the Universidade do Porto, Rute Rosas has in its curriculum dozens of artistic exhibitions of great relevance in the world as in the Caza Art Contemporânea (Brasil), Xardín de Prazos de Castrelo (Spain), Center for Contemporary Arts of Glasgow (Scotland), OFF of Barcelona (Spain), Neural Archive (Italy), among the Portuguese artistic biennials as Cerveira or Contextile.