- Young Gabriela de Sousa presents her new book in Livraria Lello
- Much more than a Nobel, the great prize for Lobo Antunes is La Pléiade
- Attention, attention, the train with Hogwarts' destination will leave the station
- More than a thousand books find new readers every day at Livraria Lello
- Alternative Nobel Prize has presented 2018 shortlist
Livraria Lello welcomes summer with UK featured
Tuesday, June 19, 2018
Books, music and readings are ready for the celebration of the Day of the United Kingdom in the city of Porto. With the presence of the British Ambassador to the United Kingdom in Portugal, Livraria Lello presents, from 17:30, readings of excerpts from the work of J.K. Rowling by the voices of British Council students. The readings were attended by Mrs. British Ambassador to the United Kingdom in Portugal, Ms. Kirsty Hayes.
In order to honor English-speaking visitors, Livraria Lello chooses this day to celebrate some of the most influential authors in world literature such as William Shakespeare, Arthur Conan Doyle, Agatha Christie or J. K. Rowling. Taking advantage of the celebration of the 21 years on the edition of the first volume of the Harry Potter saga, the Livraria Lello also pays homage to J.K. Rowling's work believed to have been written in Porto.
Songs from the UK, featured books by British authors and a full day of surprises are some of the activities Livraria Lello books in the Bookshop for all authors and readers.