- Livraria Lello returns to read and be read
- Children's version of The Wizard of Oz receives an international illustration award
- Siza Vieira accepts to create a project for a new cultural space at Livraria Lello
- Partnership with PANTONE® turns the iconic staircase of Livraria Lello yellow and gray
- Livraria Lello temporarily closed to prepare 115th anniversary
Livraria Lello open a new children's place in their world day
Monday, May 28, 2018
The world of fantasy is coming to the Livraria Lello, the bookstore for all readers, even of those who are just now beginning to gather the letters and realize that behind them are words full of mystery and revelations.
On June 1st, World Children's Day, between 10:00 am and 7:30 p.m., the younger ones will have a new motive to get lost in one of the most emblematic places of Porto with an exclusive space for themselves and designed by Oupas Design.
From an open book giant will leave a tree, even larger, that goes through both the children's imagination and the stairs of the new space of the Livraria Lello. On the way, illuminated by fireflies and fairies, there is an adventure waiting for the creators of fairies and goblins that will celebrate this day, among books and children's stories, with characters ranging from João Pé de Feijão to superheroes and others.
Livraria Lello inaugurates this new space on World Children's Day and invites parents and children to enter a new imaginary world that will have a regular schedule for parents and children, grandparents and grandchildren to find themselves in this happiness called book.