- Siza Vieira accepts to create a project for a new cultural space at Livraria Lello
- Partnership with PANTONE® turns the iconic staircase of Livraria Lello yellow and gray
- Livraria Lello temporarily closed to prepare 115th anniversary
- Livraria Lello opens a new window to the World through online sale
- Ana Gomes, a vida e o mundo: book release at Livraria Lello
Livraria Lello makes the bridge with Italy on a new bookshop event
Wednesday, May 30, 2018
To celebrate the most important date of the Italian Republic, Livraria Lello wants to highlight a little of its culture on this June 2nd. From 10:00 there is music and poetry in the most beautiful bookstore in the world.
In partnership with Associazone Socio-Culturale Italiana of Portogallo Dante Alighieri (ASCIPDA), Livraria Lello promotes a literary and musical initiative which the Italian language will be the protagonist. The members of ASCIPDA will present the reading of poems and performances in Italian, regional languages and dialects present in this Mediterranean country.
The Festa della Repubblica Italiana is the national holiday of Italy celebrated annually on June 2. This day celebrates the institutional referendum held in the form of universal suffrage in 1946, which the Italian people were called to the polls to decide on the form of government after World War II and the fall of Fascism. With 12,717,923 votes for republic and 10,719,284 votes for monarchy, the result meant the proclamation of the Republic and the forced exile of men descending from the House of Savoia.