- Livraria Lello returns to read and be read
- Children's version of The Wizard of Oz receives an international illustration award
- Siza Vieira accepts to create a project for a new cultural space at Livraria Lello
- Partnership with PANTONE® turns the iconic staircase of Livraria Lello yellow and gray
- Livraria Lello temporarily closed to prepare 115th anniversary
Literary exchange with Pontevedra brings Mafalda Milhões and Orbil to Livraria Lello
Tuesday, October 30, 2018
The XX edition of the Pontevedra International Children and Youth Book Fair will be presented in Porto, in the iconic Livraria Lello. At 17:30, the city councilor of the culture of this Galician city, Carme Fouces, welcomes to one of the largest festivals of children's literature in Europe.
In this session will be present the Portuguese illustrator Mafalda Millions, the narrator Andrea Bayer and the festival mascot Orbil. The goal is to link the two Minho's borders through books, linking the two cultures that are separated by a physical border, but linked by a great past in common.
Open borders, crossing bridges, finding new worlds, are an integral part of this Galician literary festival that brings, next year, the theme "The revolution." The 2019 edition of International Children's Book Fair of Pontevedra takes place from March 22 to April 12 and has in its program several presentations such as books presentations, workshops, concerts, theatre, guided tours, among other cultural and artistic activities.
Livraria Lello receives with open arms another great initiative that, among its extensive program, is dedicated to spreading more and more literary ramifications that go through the stairs and shelves of this historic temple of books.