- Siza Vieira accepts to create a project for a new cultural space at Livraria Lello
- Partnership with PANTONE® turns the iconic staircase of Livraria Lello yellow and gray
- Livraria Lello temporarily closed to prepare 115th anniversary
- Livraria Lello opens a new window to the World through online sale
- Ana Gomes, a vida e o mundo: book release at Livraria Lello
July numbers of Livraria Lello make this a great exporter of Portuguese culture
Friday, August 3, 2018
The historic street shop becomes an example of exporting Portuguese culture - and not only - nationally and internationally. Livraria Lello has reached to a historical numbers of visitors and sold books.
In July, Livraria Lello reached new records with more than 120 thousand people entering this city icon of Porto, representing a growth of 22% over the same period of the previous year. In this same period the historical bookshop sold, on average, 1200 books per day, reaching a growth of 50% compared to July 2017.
Among the best-selling books are titles (in various languages) such as The Little Prince, The Lusíadas, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Edgar Allan Poe's Short Stories, The Message and the Books about The World's Most Beautiful Bookstore.
In the top 10 of the countries that visited Livraria Lello are the Spanish neighbours with 20.27% of the entries, followed by the Portuguese with 10.18% and the French with 9.18% completing the podium. In the remaining list of countries we can find Brazil, United States of America, Italy, Germany, Canada, United Kingdom and Poland, among more than 70 nationalities who came to this temple of books.