- Children's version of The Wizard of Oz receives an international illustration award
- Siza Vieira accepts to create a project for a new cultural space at Livraria Lello
- Partnership with PANTONE® turns the iconic staircase of Livraria Lello yellow and gray
- Livraria Lello temporarily closed to prepare 115th anniversary
- Livraria Lello opens a new window to the World through online sale
Livraria Lello temporarily closed to prepare 115th anniversary
Thursday, January 7, 2021
NEW PROJECTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON JANUARY 13th WITH REOPENING OF DOORSFrom this Tuesday until the 12th, Livraria Lello will have its doors closed, to prepare the celebrations for the 115th anniversary that will be celebrated on January 13th. Like good books, sometimes it is important to close to reopen. Stop reading, to read again. Turn one page, then start the next.
“2020 was not just any year. It was a year that stopped us, but it didn't shut us up. Who questioned us, but who didn't bring us down", stresses Livraria Lello's manager, Aurora Pedro Pinto, adding: "In 2021, we will have even more voice. We will believe even more in the book, in bookstores, in readers and authors and in Livraria Lello as the home of all of them, in which everyone is”, she emphasizes.
Also according to Aurora Pedro Pinto, Livraria Lello wants to mark the year 2021 with new projects, which continue to invest in the Book, as a basic necessity, and to give visibility to Bookshops, guardians of knowledge, contributing to increasing the cultural and touristic offer of Porto.
Thus, Livraria Lello, as a physical and iconic space, will be closed during the eight days of preparation for the anniversary, but Livraria Lello's online store which opened very recently is in full operation. During this period, readers will be able to continue to buy books published by Livraria Mais Bonita do Mundo, at livrarialello.pt.