- Livraria Lello returns to read and be read
- Children's version of The Wizard of Oz receives an international illustration award
- Siza Vieira accepts to create a project for a new cultural space at Livraria Lello
- Partnership with PANTONE® turns the iconic staircase of Livraria Lello yellow and gray
- Livraria Lello temporarily closed to prepare 115th anniversary
"Do not Read This on a Plane" shot at Livraria Lello
Thursday, May 10, 2018
For the second time in its history Livraria Lello opened the doors to a cinematographic production. After shooting the comedy of Jô Soares "The Xango of Baker Street" behold the Bookshop serves as the backdrop for another international film.
The young director Stuart McBratney chose the Livraria Lello in the heart of Porto to shoot another scene from his new movie "Do not Read This on a Plane." The session took place this Thursday, at dawn in the iconic bookshop.
"Do not Read This on a Plane" is a drama/comedy about the American writer Jovana Fey (played by the dazzling actress of Canada Sophie Desmarais) who decides to make a trip through Europe to the hitchhiker, after her publisher has gone to bankruptcy. In Porto, the production also had a large participation of local interpreters between the hours of 6:30 and 9:30 in the morning.
Filmmaker Stuart McBratney, of Australian origin but residing in Los Angeles, is already a recognized name in the independent film world with several feature films on his resume. His previous film, "Pop-up," has been selected for more than 20 international film festivals, winning several awards and relying on an international distribution.
The logbook of "Do not Read This on a Plane" can be consulted on its own website at https://www.dontreadthisonaplane.com/.