- Livraria Lello returns to read and be read
- Children's version of The Wizard of Oz receives an international illustration award
- Siza Vieira accepts to create a project for a new cultural space at Livraria Lello
- Partnership with PANTONE® turns the iconic staircase of Livraria Lello yellow and gray
- Livraria Lello temporarily closed to prepare 115th anniversary
Between "The Arms and the Barons" of Livraria Lello, Camões exult Portugal and the Portuguese Language
Thursday, June 7, 2018
Luís Vaz de Camões will be the biggest celebration of the next Day of Portugal. On June 10, there is also Portuguese literature featured in the Livraria Lello and the flesh and blood presence of Camões and Fernando Pessoa.
On the day of Portugal and the Portuguese Communities, the best-known national poet could not be missed. Camões returns to the manuscripts of the most beautiful bookshop in the world with a new edition of his great epic "Os Lusíadas", released by Livraria Lello last month.
Luís Vaz de Camões is considered the greatest figure in Portuguese literature thanks to his epic poem "Os Lusíadas". A work that tells the story of Portuguese heroes and discoveries, which "gave new worlds to the world". Camões died on June 10, 1580.