- Livraria Lello returns to read and be read
- Children's version of The Wizard of Oz receives an international illustration award
- Siza Vieira accepts to create a project for a new cultural space at Livraria Lello
- Partnership with PANTONE® turns the iconic staircase of Livraria Lello yellow and gray
- Livraria Lello temporarily closed to prepare 115th anniversary
Ana Gomes, a vida e o mundo: book release at Livraria Lello
Monday, December 7, 2020
Wednesday, 9th of December, at 9 pm (GMT+1), with the presence of Ana Gomes and the author João Pedro Henriques.
For the first time, the book Ana Gomes, a vida e o mundo will be presented publicly, in a conversation between the former ambassador and former euro deputy, and the author and journalist of the Diário de Notícias João Pedro Henriques. The presentation session will take place next Wednesday, at 9 pm, at Livraria Lello, with live transmission on the Facebook page and on the Youtube channel.
In a long interview, Ana Gomes shared with João Pedro Henriques details of her private life and her involvement in politics, and some of the most remarkable stories she lived and witnessed. The conversation resulted in Ana Gomes, a vida e o mundo, a memoir, “narrated without a tongue in cheek” and with unpublished details about the current candidate for the Republic Presidency.
From childhood to today, from Meco beach to New York, especially focused in Timor-Leste, the work is a journey for 66 years of a life full of stories that intersect with the history of Portugal and the world.
The book presentation session will be broadcast on:
- Livraria Lello's Facebook page: facebook.com/458348120995199/posts/1835315399965124/
- Livraria Lello's YouTube channel: youtube.com/watch?v=iL5DSK5Wqt0
ABOUT ANA GOMES
Ana Gomes is a lawyer and was head of the Portuguese diplomatic mission in Indonesia, during the process of independence of Timor-Leste. She was also a member of the European Parliament, between 2004 and 2019. On September 8, she announced her candidacy for the 2021 Portuguese presidential elections.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
João Pedro Henriques was born in Luanda, Angola, in 1966. He graduated in journalism in 1991, and worked at the Lusa news agency and the Público newspaper. He has been a member of the newspaper Diário de Notícias since 2006. Specialist in national politics, he followed the mandate of four Presidents of the Republic and covered several electoral campaigns. Between 1991 and 1999 he followed the question of Timor-Leste, where he was a special envoy.